From the Tooth Fairy

Kathryn,

I must say you have good looking teeth. Keep brushing and flossing. Remember we pay for baby teeth, but we can’t offer anything for adult teeth. Those are yours for the rest of your life so keep them safe and clean.

Despite inflation, we can’t afford to pay more for teeth this year. It’s one dollar coin and that’s the deal. The costs (transportation, storage, subcontractors, taxes, etc.) keep rising and the market for used teeth (even gently used) has been flat. We pay more than our competitors, as you know.

I understand your father has gone into business for himself. There are ups and downs, but he’ll make it work out if he keeps plugging away. I can tell you the first year or two in the tooth business was rough. His line of work pays better than mine, in case you were wondering. It helps that he’s got experience and doesn’t need to deal with physical inventory.

Keep up the good work at school. Nothing beats a good education. Don’t forget that it’s what you learn that counts. The grades are a crude measure.

Yours,
The Tooth Fairy

Both of the twins know full well that I come into their rooms to take their teeth and leave a dollar coin. Kathryn enjoys the pretense though. :wink:

1 Like

Kathryn,

I found your three teeth thanks to a tip from a confidant. I wasn’t expecting them to be on the table rather than under your pillow (as is traditional). I’m sorry for your disappointment in the mornings. Perhaps three shiny coins will help?

It has been a busy season for the tooth business. Hockey players losing their adult teeth sometimes attempt to trick me, of course, but the real problem is cold weather. Chattering teeth are prone to early loss among children. Normally it’s children in colder climates, but this year it’s been cold in normally warm places, such as California.

There are many uses for teeth, of course, but I can’t tell you too much more because it is a trade secret. I can tell you that my teeth are ethically sourced, unlike the Tooth Gremlin, who has been known to take teeth “early”, if you know what I mean. While this sometimes results in higher quality teeth (no cavities!) it’s not as profitable as he imagines. Well-used teeth always remain in demand.

Yours,
The Tooth Fairy